I used a polystyrene ball and cut it in half. I then stuck the cup to the saucer and the ball inside with Pinflair glue. I got out my trusty Scan 'n' Cut and used it to cut out three shades of each flower in two sizes. I used my Tonic shaping tool, mat and pricking tool to shape and pierce a hole. I then used food craft wire to attach each set of three flowers with a little Cosmic Shimmer glue before popping each flowers into the polystyrene starting with a large one in the centre. I then did a row along the rim of the cup and then filled in the gaps.
I added some Card Candy from Craftwork cards to the centres and some glitter glue. I then used my Brother Scan 'n' Cut to cut some leaves from the Winnie Sugar Sprinkles Springtime to fill in a few more gaps and add some more dimension.
I am really pleased with how it turned out and I can't wait to try another couple. For all the materials see the Thumblinky tool below.
This project is also for the following challenges:
* Anything Goes - Crafty Calendar, Crafts Galore Encore, Sisters Of Craft, Scrapper's Delight,
* Spring - Country View, Card Mania, Crafting Musketeers, Open Minded, Deep Ocean Challenge,
* Favourite non card project (because I like the way it turned out) - As You Like It,
* Upcycle / Recycle - Catch The Bug,
* Mother's Day Flowers - My Sheri Crafts,
* Pastels - Paradise Of Stamps
Please come over and check out the rest of the Design Teams wonderful creations.
xx Mia xx